A Conversation about Social Media in the Enterprise
- See how Social Media is impacting your Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Learn how Community can serve as a model to improve your organization’s productivity
- Meet others that are dealing with the same issues you are.
- Talk to experts in the fields of On Line Reputation, Search Engine Optimization, Web 2.0 Technology and On Line Community Building
- Experience cool new stuff
Date: May 9, 2008
Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
3106 East NC Highway 54
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
How to Register
You can register for the event at: http://blogcarolinas.eventsbot.com
Blog Carolinas is a free event but is limited to about 200 attendees, therefore registration is necessary to attend.
Sessions & Format
Scheduled sessions include:
- Listening to the Conversation about your Organization
- Engage your Customers in Conversation
- How is Social Media changing PR?
- Recruiting Digital Natives
- Be Prepared, Sharing Information is a Culture Shift
All sessions will be conversational, no long boring Powerpoint presentations.
Confirmed Session Leaders include:
- Andy Beal, an internet marketing consultant, award-winning blogger, and co-author of the book Radically Transparent: Monitoring & Managing Reputations Online.
- Jim Tobin, President, Ignite Social Media
- Rob Humphrey, digital recruiting consultant and strategist
- Nathan Gilliatt, principal of Social Target, LLC, a research and advisory firm specializing in tools and practices for social media listening and engagement.
Who Should Attend
The objective of this event is to begin bridging the gulf that currently exists between the current developers/users of Social Media tools and those organizations that have not yet adopted those tools. Each group has much to learn from the other, and a conversation is the best way to begin to build that bridge. So there are really two audiences for this event:
- People that are currently familiar with Social Media, and want to see it used more effectively in professional and organizational settings.
- People that do not currently use Social Media, but have heard from friends and main stream media that it may be of benefit to their organization.
So let’s start a conversation…
More information about the event can be found at: http://www.socialtext.net/blogcarolinas
(Disclosure: Blog Carolinas is being produced and hosted by E Quint Consulting.)